Monday, April 28, 2014

Chelsea & Ben Are Goin' to the Chapel!

It's been about 12 or 13 years ago that I met Chelsea while working together for a restaurant in The Denver Tech Center. Since I know my mom reads my blog, I'll keep this very PC. Back in those days, we liked to have our fun. Chelsea and I could often be found enjoying a post work drink at our favorite watering hole during that long hot summer. Chelsea being the sweet person she is, always let me crash on her couch so that I could avoid the treacherous drive home late at night. There began a friendship. 

Over the years, we lost touch with each other, but as luck would have it, Facebook brought us back into each others lives again. I am now happily married to a man that I met that very summer working with Chelsea. We actually all worked together. Chelsea would say that from the beginning, she knew we would end up together. Chelsea has now met the man of her dreams and will be a lucky bride later this summer. Ben is wonderful. Tall, handsome, polite, and hilarious! He is jokester and has kept me laughing each time we have spent any time together. Chelsea is a jokester in her own right too. These two share a love of sports, and football in particular. Unfortunately, Ben is a Seahawks fan (he will however constantly remind you that they are the SUPERBOWL CHAMPS and stomped the Broncos this past year) but Chelsea is a diehard Broncos fan. They love to razz each other through this rivalry. 

Jokes aside, Chelsea and Ben are sweet. They live their lives as sweet people, but they are sweet to each other. Ben opens the car door for Chelsea. He helped her to stand every time I had her sitting on the ground for pictures. Chelsea would often be found squeezing her tall fella when she thought I wasn't looking. Sure, Chelsea and Ben love each other, but I can tell they also like each other too. Think about it. Loving someone is very different from liking them. Liking brings your love to a whole new level. 

I can't wait to see Chelsea and Ben exchange their vows this summer. I will be there, camera ready to snap some wonderful, and probably silly pictures. To Chelsea and Ben, may today be the day that you love each other the least. May your love grow with each passing day. Cheers!































No comments:

Post a Comment