Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Leuthens and Simons

So, Stephanie and I go way back. Not way, WAY back, but far enough. I met Stephanie when I worked full time in advertising. She is the go-to gal for anything you need, be it office supplies, the inside scoop, or a good listening ear. We became friends pretty quickly and had the opportunity to work on a reoccurring annual special project for several years. This project was an intricate planning of a conference that brought dozens of our colleagues to Colorado from all over the country. This project brought Stephanie and I closer together both personally and professionally. We spent ALOT of time together putting this thing together. 

It was during this time that I found myself learning more about her boys and family. She offered wonderful advice and a listening ear as I was just learning to be a mom myself. Ironically, I went into labor with my first child on the very day that our conference was to start. I left poor Stephanie high and dry to run the conference by herself, but in grand fashion, she pulled it off. 

Over the years, I have photographed her with her 3 boys, Josh, Jake, and Justin. The first shoot we did was days before Josh left for basic training in the Army. It was a special shoot for all of us. The next shoot we did was for Justin's senior pictures. We got some amazing photos of Justin, some that are my absolute favorite portraits, ever! Now, this, her full family shoot with her new husband, Rob, and all of their boys. I can't imagine a house of 6 boys! Most days I feel like pulling my hair out, and I only have 2! But Stephanie does it with her calm and gentle smile. 

I just loved seeing my friend again, especially since those times are fewer and fewer since I am no longer in the 9 to 5 work place. Rob is awesome and makes Stephanie happy, which is all I could ask for. All of the boys are polite and were very understanding and forgiving of my asking them to do an early AM shoot. This family is just all around cool. Thanks for the opportunity to take some photos and for the chance to catch up. Cheers!

(*All images are copyright protected. Please do not replicate or alter any images without consent or share images without the watermark.)


















No comments:

Post a Comment