Saturday, August 17, 2013

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Proctor!

Ok, I know what you must be thinking, I hired models for a wedding shoot, but I promise, this gorgeous couple could not be more in love and have had a more touching and special wedding. I feel honored that they allowed me to be apart of such a special day. Rachel and Luke were so willing to let me be creative, and I think we captured some of my most favorite wedding photos….EVER!

Rachel and Luke were joined in marriage on Monday, July 29th, 2013 at the Black Canyon Inn in Estes Park, Colorado. The day began rather dark and dreary with heavy rain falling at times. Throughout the day, I was glued to my weather app to see if there was a chance that the skies might clear so that we could capture some gorgeous mountain shots. I was not hopeful. At times, you couldn't even see the mountains due to the rain and low clouds. The temperatures hung in the upper 50's and while I wanted to be hopeful, I was already changing my strategy from sunny, mountain-scapes to rainy, umbrella shots. 

As I arrived to the wedding site, it was still cold, and it was still raining. I greeted Rachel while she was putting on the finishing touches to get a few indoor shots. When I walked outside to go meet Luke for a few pre-wedding shots with him, low and behold, the rain was letting up! I anxiously grabbed my phone to check my weather app, and wouldn't you know it, clear skies were on the way! While clouds still hung in the air, not allowing me to capture the beautiful mountain blue skies, it had completely stopped raining about 10 minutes before the ceremony and held off until 30 minutes after we were done with pictures!

Rachel and Luke are the most polite, pleasant, sweet, and genuine couple. Rachel was seriously concerned that she may not be able to get out the words she so desperately wanted to say during the ceremony, but she did it! During their moment of remembrance for those that could not join them for their special day, this photographer joined Rachel and Luke and their guests in full on tears while the guitarist played Amazing Grace peacefully in the background. You can see the adoration that these two have for each other and you can feel the love they share. This special couple will have many years of happiness before them. 

To Mr. and Mrs. Proctor, I wish you a lifetime of happiness. May you always find love and laughter in all that you do! Congrats! 




























No comments:

Post a Comment